Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Inspiration September | What inspires me?

Hello my leaves,

Welcome to the first post of Inspiration September!

I decided that a good way to start this theme would be to discuss what inspires me and, who knows, maybe I will inspire you too!


When I talk about inspiration I'm also referring to motivation. If I'm not motivated then, it doesn't matter what I like, I will just never get around to it!

My Desk

I'll be showing you my desk in my next post but, to describe it, I have tried to surround it with things that inspire me. This could be achievements that I've done, Motivational quotes to help inspire and also things that make me smile so that I keep going. I try to keep my desk free of clutter so that I don't get distracted or put off from wanting to do things. The desk itself is something I have wanted for quite some time so it gives me a sense of accomplishment to be able to own it!


Raw Materials

This sounds quite strange at first but I love seeing raw materials. I can spend a good day with two pieces of material trying to work out which project will be the best use for it! Most of the time I don't get the idea until I've seen the products. This leads to me being quite a hoarder with a couple of storage boxes full of ideas and projects to start :)

Emotions & Feelings from Media

I was going to split this into two categories but they interlink too well for me to try and discuss them individually. When I look at a photo or listen to certain music I get triggers of emotions from the memories that either were created during the photo or when I listened to a song last. There are so many songs that can make me cry despite them being happy songs generally, and vice versa. I love that new music to me can also evoke the feelings of the artist and that gives me ideas too. One thing I like about people getting married is that they tend to choose their first song based on memories and you can see it on their faces as they dance. A bit of tangent there but I think you get my point.  


Youtube & Blogs

Other people's creations and projects have a massive influence on what I want to do too. If someone I'm subscribed to on Youtube is having a crazy day, my mind and choice of project tends to be a bit zanier too. Seeing what other people have achieved in their posts and videos inspires me to keep doing what I enjoy. If they can accomplish projects that they initially had no skill set for, then why can't I? They prevent from giving up when I'm trying something I've never done before and I feel comforted in that it generally takes patience and lots of practice to succeed. I will be doing a post in the near future (next Wednesday, hopefully) of some of the Youtubers I follow and what I take from them.


You

No I'm not going to get all weepy and mushy on you! But, having said that, if my blog had had no views since it started to present day then I probably wouldn't be as motivated or inspired to do this post and any others that follow it. Knowing that people view my posts, however infrequently, makes me want to continue doing the posts. I always said from the beginning that if it amuses or helps one other person then it's worth doing. So, thank you!

My next few posts for September will be about things that have inspired me in more depth but the second half of the month will have more focus on projects that I have completed recently, hopefully this will include an 'after' tour of my room! (I bought the paint today!) 



I hope you enjoy this theme and as always please subscribe, so I know you're out there :P, follow me on twitter and leave me comments telling me what has inspired/what motivates you :) I have a small enough following that I can respond to you all xP


Make your own choices!

Toodlepip x