Wednesday, 6 August 2014

ASOS and Yesstyle Spree

Hello my Leaves, how are you today?

Now, I'm not someone who buys a lot of clothes but when I do I tend to get a bit overexcited and want to share my purchases with everyone... you guys are so lucky :P

I'm more of an online shopper than an actual go and walk around shops person, partly because of the whole crowded place issue, and partly because I can never seem to find anything I like in shops.

I have four things to show you today and I'll let you know where I got them so you can get them too, if you want, there's no pressure ^^,


1.  Denim Cycle Shorts - ASOS

These are the most snuggest, comfiest shorts I think I have ever purchased, ever. They have loads of flexibility in the material so I can sit at the desk and sew for ages without feeling uncomfortable. They come to just above my knees as well so there's none of the awkward noises when you've been sat on a plastic chair for too long ^^. 

2.  Peacock Dress - ASOS (again)


This dress is another good find :) Do you know what I mean when I say this is a swirly twirly dress? It fits my form so well and it makes me feel good despite it being so bright! I normally avoid the bright items as I like to be in the background, but this dress...
I also love that the sleeves finish above the elbow. It really makes the outfit without having to accessorise too much, I just added my usual charm bracelet and necklace and then I was good to go. This is the outfit that I interviewed in for my dressmaker role too, I got the job :D (hopefully because of what I said and not the outfit but it made me feel very comfortable and boosted my confidence).
I have slightly altered the neckline to make it a bit higher as it did show my bra but for the little tweak it is still worth the purchase :)

3. Swallow Jumper (One Size) - Yesstyle


I am in love with Yesstyle at the moment. I love that the fashions on their site are quite different to the UK sites but they also have a wide range of choice when it comes to how much you want to spend too! This jumper is lovely and warm and will become a staple for me during Autumn/Fall as I can throw it over whatever I'm wearing if I'm out at different times of day. This only had one size option but the site does offer returns if it doesn't fit how you would like! (I'm a UK 10 and it fits just fine :))
Yesstyle also have a lot of miscellaneous items too so it's definitely worth a browse :)

4. Ribbon Shoes - Yesstyle


Finding shoes is always a challenge for me as I have quite wide feet and the back will always rub if it's too firm. I hear you telling me they just need to wear in but believe me, my feet just don't toughen on the back! When I saw these shoes I thought they were a nice change to my standard black flats and I loved the ribbon. They are described as pink on the site but they are a very muted, almost dusty, pink patent. They are super comfy and with the ribbons you can change the style depending on how you tie them. 
The picture may make them look heeled but they are definitely flats ^^.

And that's it :) I did order another dress but that's been returned as it did not fit my body shape whatsoever! Do you know of any sites that I can try that have something a little different?
Also, let me know if you like these kind of posts and I shall endeavour to let you know when I brave the online shops xD.

Make your own choices!

Toodlepip x



All of these purchases were made with my own monies and I am in no way bribed or coerced into making a review :)